Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is known as an assessment pathway that is used to recognize the knowledge, skills, and experience that has been acquired through life experience, work experience, work-based training, and training courses. This is being evaluated against the evidence being required for one or more units of competency.
If you are curious about how the whole system works then, you are in the right place because this article we composed is all about helping you out. Read this information below so that you can get a headstart of how Recognition of Prior Learning works.
- Free skills review – If you want to know how eligible you are for RPL then conducting a free skills review will determine it for you. It will only require a couple of minutes of your time. Once you have completed the review, you’ll undergo a brief discussion with an RPL specialist who will orient you with the rest of the process.
- Get started when you are eligible – Once you have identified the qualifications to which you are entitled to, you can get started with it right away. You will be given several documents in which it will help you start the process. Apart from that, you will also be teamed up with an RPL facilitator who will help you in every step of the process.
- Submit your evidence – To do this, you can start by doing a simple self-assessment checklist. After that, your supporting evidence will be processed next. Determining any proper evidence and looking for all your work experience can be a difficult task. So make sure to acquire as many evidence as you can to make this particular process an easier one.
- Have the evidence assessed – Once you have gathered the necessary evidence needed, it will be processed and be aligned with the units of the qualification that you want. This will help you secure and be successful in achieving your qualification from any RTO partners.
- Get qualified once you have been approved – After the lengthy process. It would be ideal that you receive the good news right after. At this point, the RPL Process and Skills Recognition has been completed considering that you have provided the necessary requirements needed for each unit. If approved and qualified then you will be given a Nationally Recognized Qualification from one of the RTO partners.
Hopefully, those of you who are looking to process their Recognition of Prior Learning have benefited from this article. Share it with your friends who are also planning to get it too. Good luck!