When choosing the right school, do you have any problems with choosing a private and a public school? Choosing one is hard for it can affect certain aspects of your life like your career in particular. This article can help you decide. Here are some few tips.
- The distance between the school and your house. No one would want to drive or travel from his or her house to school for a long period of time. You would not want to start your day at school feeling exhausted just because you have been traveling for so long. You should know how long your travel time is going to be – 15 minutes, 30 minutes? Maybe 30 minutes of traveling can be the maximum period for you.
- Research. Choosing between schools would be better if you do some research about the differences of studying in a private and public school. Do research regarding if you can achieve higher in life if you study in a private school or if public schools can expose you to all sorts of people. This will help you decide if which kind of school is best for you.
- Choose among the best. Make two columns, one for public schools, and one for private schools. Write down along the school the characteristics of each school. Cross out the school which does not have the characteristics that you wanted. Examples of characteristics would include having good results, has a good music, dance or drama programs, can offer you future for your desire in sports, or has a good influence on you. If you are finished with this step, you may proceed to the next one.
- Select your choice. Once you narrowed down your list, go through it again. You might have several options for both private and public schools. If there are more private schools in your area, it is more likely that private schools are better for you or your child but if there are more public schools around your area, it is more likely that public schools are better for you or your child.
- Go through deeply among your choices. It is better if you just don’t focus on a school just because it is private or public. Don’t consider a public school to be better just because it is cheaper or a private school just because it has its advantages. It is best if you look at all the angles of the school you have on your list. The other schools on your list might have the qualities that you wanted.
- Take into account the cost of the school. Consider first if how much is your parents or family willing to spend for you for your education. If the tuition fee of the school is too expensive, you might want to study in a public school, but if you have all the money in the world, you may study in a private school. Also remember that not all public schools are bad and that not all private schools are good.